Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

What a great Weekend!!! UPDATE!

It was a great weekend with amazing weather!  Friday I took the kids to a local sports center that does gymnastics, dance, and swim, all in the same center!  It takes about 20 minutes to get there, but I don't mind the drive.  Myah and Elijah were in separate classes, which proved great for Myah but Eli HATED it!  She was in a class with only 2 other kids, so she got lots of repetitions on the circuits they did and one on one attention!  Eli and I tried a Mommy and Me type of class...but all he wanted to do was stare at Myah and stand by her.  I tried to get him involved for the entire hour, but he ended up just crying.  Myah is definitely ready for the class, Eli might need a little more exposure to the idea of a class.  I signed her up for the rest of the session (4 classes) and after that we'll try a dance class!  When my parents come out they will be able to see her in a class!  So exciting!  I'm hoping after the 4 weeks, Eli will warm up to the idea...but we will see!
We went to IKEA on Saturday and bought some bookshelves!  Our books have been in storage since we put our house on 125th Terr on the market...March of 2010!!  While I wanted to buy the cheapest ones and add trim and fabric on the back panel, Brian won out and we bought the more expensive ones...but they look great!  We had to go back later in the day to buy fixtures to hook it to the wall (for safety) and I put the books up on Sunday!  It's still a work in progress....I'm not too happy with the way it looks now, but it will be fine for a little while!  I decided to group the books by color...what do you think?

Saturday evening we tried a new park out by IKEA...it was a gorgeous day and the kids had a great time...until Brian forced them to sit in a tree.   You can tell by the looks on their faces that they were NOT happy about this!
Random sighting of the day?  We saw a group of 30 or so kids (and a few adults) playing Dungeons and Dragons in the park.  I laughed...Brian wanted to join in and "show his skills" as he put it.

The last project I did was work on our family growth chart!  I saw this great picture on Pinterest and decided to do my own!  We bought a $6 pine board, Dark Walnut stain, metal numbers that you nail into the side of a house, and some clear spray paint!  I stained it first, then added lines every inch of the board (starting at 6 inches so I could hang on the wall).  Then I sprayed it with the clear coating to seal it and nailed on the numbers!  Super easy project!  I plan on marking their heights with a nail and glue a button on the nail with their age, weight, height, and date.  I've seen others use a sharpie, but I want to do something different.  I haven't worked out the kinks, yet...but when I start putting their heights on there I will post a picture!  I plan on going all the way back to their birth heights...super excited!!


This week will be all about finishing up projects and getting the house ready for baby!  My parents bought their tickets to come out here....I CAN'T WAIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment