Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I think I overdid it...

Hello friends!

How was your weekend?!  We got really lucky and Brian had a three-day weekend...wahoo!!  We have both decided we are ready for the baby to come so he can be home and help with the, two toddlers are exhausting!!!

First of all, the cake balls I made were amazing...and I'm not ashamed to pat myself on the back about it.  I made Devil's Food cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting...both covered in chocolate! Feast your eyes...and clean up the drool :)  I didn't get to try them until late Friday night...I had Brian hide some and bring them home for me :).

Technically Baby V can be here at any moment, so we decided to spend the whole weekend relaxing...we didn't stick to the plan very well...

Saturday we did stay home and cleaned and relaxed with the kiddos.  We went to a local fabric store to look at upholstery fabric for the chair and couch in the living room.  We found some prints that could work (for only $10 a yard) but I'm not in love with them...we'll have to wait and see!

On Sunday we went out to eat breakfast at IHOP with the plan to go to a local petting zoo.  We decided to really get crazy and head to the San Francisco Zoo instead!  It was a beautiful day outside and I'm so glad we went!  I will say, however, that I left so incredibly tired and sore...maybe not the smartest move.  The zoo was really nice and not really crowded so it was a great family time!  The kids loved seeing the animals, especially when they got to feed the sheep at the petting zoo!  By the time we left I could barely lift my feet to walk to the car, but we finally made it back home and had nap time!  Well, I had nap time...the kids slept in the car :).

Monday was our recovery day.  The plan was to stay home, relax, and have some down time.  Instead, I had to go to the Apple Store to get my phone fixed (again) and the nearest Apple store is in a mall about 20 minutes away.  Normally it wouldn't be a big deal.  However, after walking around for over 3 hours the day before, the last thing I should've been doing was walking around a mall.  But since Brian and I are fantastic planners...we did it anyway.  We got my phone fixed and decided to get the kids' hair cut.  Myah has been unable to see out of her right eye for a long time because her hair constantly falls in her face.  Yes...we have tried braids, hair clips, etc.  She doesn't like to keep them in so they were really ineffective.  So we went with bangs...and she looks super cute!  Elijah cried the whole time during his haircut...but nothing new there.  We were at the mall for 3 hours walking around...and I couldn't walk to the car...Brian had to pick me up.  Woops.

Today I had to do some grocery shopping.  I haven't been going weekly like I usually do due to not feeling so hot, but we were out of milk, TP, and other essentials, so I had to bite the bullet and go.  I made it about 5 minutes in before I started to feel really lightheaded/dizzy and I started having a hard time breathing.  Not fun...not fun at all.  I powered through and made it home but was unable to put away the groceries (minus the cold stuff).  I got the kids some food and laid down to write to you fine people!

I am feeling a little better...still a little dizzy and out of breath, but it's nap time, so I'm hoping that will cure all :).  I think the water and rest is what I needed.  But I think it's almost needless to say that I overdid it this weekend.  I walked WAY too much this weekend.  I am almost 37 weeks pregnant with a bad ankle...WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!  Luckily I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning...hopefully we can get some good news ;)!  I have continued to have contractions and last night they were so intense they woke me up...but they aren't closer than 10 minutes between each, so I'm still just waiting it out!

I'll let you know what the doctor says tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment